How to Make Windows 7 Require a User Name and Password in Log On Screen
This is a quick tutorial to show you how to make Windows 7 require all users to type in their user name and password in the Windows log on screen rather than selecting their user icon and entering their password. This login better suits an environment that has multiple users authenticating off of Active Directory.
1. Open the Start Menu, then type regedit in the search box and press enter.
2. If prompted by UAC (User Account Control) dialog, click on Yes.
3. In regedit, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
4. In the right pane, right click on dontdisplaylastusername and click on Modify.
5. Replace the 0 with 1 and Click on OK.
6. Close regedit
7. Log off and log on to see the change.