Making an image transparent in Pixlr
- Choose Open Image from Computer
- Click on the Magic Wand – third row down on the right side of the toolbar
- Make sure the tolerance (at the top of the Pixlr frame) is set anywhere from 20 on up – depending on the intricacy of the figure you want cut out. The more distinct the figure, the less tolerance you need. That will select what you want to delete from the photo.
- On the Pixlr top toolbar, click on Edit, choose Invert Selection. You will see that the figure you want is selected.
- Go to Edit, choose Copy.
- On the Pixlr top toolbar, click on File, choose New. Give the file a name.
- Check the two boxes: Create New Image from Clipboard and Transparent.
- Then click OK. You will see a gray and white background behind what you selected – it is transparent.
NOTE: Be sure to save your new image as a .PNG file or it will not be transparent.